Tuesday 8 March 2016

Advantages

One of the advantages of living in Nigeria is that we have more control over our children's TV viewing habits.  DVDs are the order of the day and guess who usually buys them.  It's also a good way to indoctrinate (sorry, present opportunities for) them with classic British comedy.  Lately we've been watching It Ain't Half Hot Mum which may appal some people but is actually very funny and pokes as much fun at British stereotypes as Indian ones.  Perhaps living abroad opens your eyes.

There's also Morecombe and Wise. I really enjoy sitting in Nigeria with my husband, 17 year old son and 15 year old daughter with all of us chortling over the anarchic antics of Eric Morecombe. The theme song, Bring me Sunshine,  is helping me through the day.  If you need an instruction to get you through life you could do a lot worse.


Bring me Sunshine, in your smile,
Bring me Laughter, all the while,
In this world where we live, there should be more happiness,
So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright tomorrow,

 
Make me happy, through the years,
Never bring me, any tears,
Let your arms be as warm as the sun from up above,
Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love.

No comments:

Post a Comment