Monday 11 June 2012

...and breathe

What is a relaxing weekend? Friday was nonstop busy as I frantically did the last things to move out of our house.  Big black binbags are the essential accessory when moving house.  Great for all those things that you find once the other bags are full.
We collapsed in relief at our friends' house by 6 o'clock and devoured the pizzas we'd grabbed in Dingwall before we left.  James' tent was put up (he prefers to camp) and we all just stopped.
On Saturday I felt as I do when I've done the 8 hour drive to my parents' through the night.  It's probably physical and mental exhaustion combined with relief.  Going into Dingwall for shopping that morning felt very strange, as if I no longer belonged but was just a visitor.  The uprooting process has well and truly begun.
Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest.  In the morning we had a short time to speak at the service in the APC in Inverness.  That evening we gave our presentation to the 20s & 30s group after attending the service at Greyfriars Free Church, also in Inverness.  It's always great to go to different fellowships to enthuse over what God's doing but perhaps Monday, for me if not Fraser who still has to go to work, will be a day finally to take it easy.

Our temporary home on the Black Isle has the most amazing grounds and view.  I was hoping to post some photos today but the weather has been so grey and misty that the view has disappeared.  Hopefully the weather will get better and I'll be able to take some later.

No comments:

Post a Comment